Monday, May 5, 2008

Baked Chimichangas

Simple, delicious and just in time for Cinqo~~! Humble & healthy, this is one of our fav. weeknite "standbys."

Baked Chimichangas


8-12 standard tortillas (I buy low fat/fat free)
2-4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded (depends on how many chimi's you want to make, I typically roast my chicken w/olive oil, S&P)
1 can fat free refried beans
1 c. salsa of choice
1 c. shredded cheddar
1/4 c. finely choppped green onion
1 small can chopped green chilis
A few shakes Texas Pete

Combine shredded chicken w/beans, salsa, onions, chilis and Texas Pete. Warm through. Add cheese, stir through until melted.

Fill tortillas w/approx. 1/2 c. of chicken mixture each. Bake in oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Serve on a bed of lettuce topped with sour cream and salsa.
*adapted from Better Homes & Gardens New Dieters Cookbook

2 comments:

That Girl said...

Do you know I've never had a chimichanga? Mostly because I tend to veer away from fried foods - but this looks great!

~Amber~ said...

Mmmmm looks awesome! I just had Mexican on Friday night but I could easily eat it again tonight. :)