Monday, April 28, 2008

Europa


Having frequented the subterranean bar in Europa more times than I care to mention, I had yet to try their actual menu until this past Saturday. I had friends in town for a "Girls Weekend" and this seemed like the perfect "two-fer" place-- eat dinner upstairs, retire for drinks and girl talk downstairs.

I love the dimly lit atmosphere of the place. All of the serving staff could not be more helpful or kind. They are professional and accomodating. We had no reservation and were told it would be 20 minutes or so. I think we only waited maybe 5 minutes.

Our table ordered an array of tapas. You don't have to stick to just tapas, there are main course offerings as well. The pastas looked pretty good and I might pop back in at some point to give them a try.

Here's the line up of what we ordered between 4 of us:

Garlic Shrimp
Steamed Mussels
Goat Cheese Trio
Crispy Eggplant Sticks
Parmesan Grilled Asparagus
Beef Empanada
Beef Hangar Kebabs
Chicken & Ham Croquettes
Spanish Meat Plate
Spanish Lamb Meatballs

Everything tasted fabulous. My fav's were the Chicken & Ham Croquettes as well as the grilled Asparagus. The Asparagus were cooked to perfection-- I was afraid they might be soggy and gross-- but, they were crisp with no mush in sight! The Beef Hangar kebabs were a little too rare for my taste. The beef Empanada seems to be made with pulled beef surrounded by puff pastry. A tasty little gem and large- I had to cut it up into little pieces for the table to share. The eggplant was also done well- coating crispy, vegetable al dente.

I will go back to any place that doesn't cook the life out of it's vegetables! :)

Our bill came to $30 a head, including tip which is $120 sum totalled. Which, I feel is a bit pricy, considering we were all sharing little plates. And considering no one ordered drinks since we brought ours up from the basement (we ordered them while waiting for a table). But, overall it was a satisfying experience. I def. think I'll be taking the hubs by there sometime soon b/c after writing about their asparagus, I'm now craving it :)

No comments: