Friday, March 14, 2008

Straight Vodka: Not just for Russians anymore...



.....I couldn't go without mentioning my favorite discovery on our recent Vegas Vacation--- Zyr Vodka! We stopped into the Red Square in Mandalay one evening and our friend greeted us with this over ice, insisting we try it. I am SO glad we did! I can not even express to you how smooth and wonderful this vodka is! It would truly be a crime to mix it with anything!

Hopefully you can get your hands on some, they currently only sell it in 5 states. If you're lucky, you live in a state where you can order and have alcohol shipped. I unfortunately do not and will have to savor the memory.......

My one consolation, however, is Van Gogh's Espresso Vodka. They have double espresso too (the brown one), but it tastes a bit bitter to me, I like the single/clear espresso better. If you haven't tried either yet, I'm going to insist that you must! Chill it first and serve it up as a shot. Tastes like coffee with cream and sugar. All of a sudden the world is a lot brighter, colors a lot crisper and your mood......a lot better! Salut! (Thanks Emily & Bryan!)

No comments: