Thursday, March 13, 2008

Rosemary's


Ahhhhh........Rosemary's. It's the first dinner DH and I can remember having together. This was 5 years ago when Rosemary's was still paying an exorbitant rent in the RIO and we were there hosted by a vendor from our tradeshow.

They have since moved 6 miles out away from the strip on Sahara/Cimmaron in a strip mall between Steinmart and the Dollar Tree. But, don't let this unassuming location fool you-- Rosemary's is the real deal and was voted Best Restaurant in NEVADA 2007 for a reason.

So, of course sentimental us, we had to go back for a visit.
I can tell you I came back for the goat cheese cheesecake (of course!), but left loving the twice baked parmesan souffle in a garlic cream sauce the best. My husband and I opted for the $55 prix fix menu which included 3 courses of your choice.

Hubs ordered:
* Hugo’s Texas BBQ Shrimp w/Maytag Blue Cheese Slaw
* Grilled Pork Chop w/Hoppin’ John & Creole Mustard Reduction Sauce
* A side of cheese grits
* Carrot Cake (deconstructed and delicious)

I ordered:
* Twice Baked Parmesan Souffle w/Golden Chanterelles & Roasted Garlic Cream
* Brick Chicken w/Haricots Vert, Shoestring Potatoes & Dijonaisse Sauce
* Goat Cheese Cheesecake

The 2 things I loved the most were the cheese grits and the parmesan souffle. Maybe that says something about my love for comfort food, I'm not sure. But both of these dishes simply melt in your mouth and are the best in their class.

I should also mention the service-- a little stiff, but overall excellent. When dining out, I don't want stuffy-- I want an experience, I want to hear stories, I want to know WHY the food got on the menu. I really hope Rosemary's doesn't lose it's charm that they've been known for in trying to defend themselves against arrogant, snobbish foodies who tend to miss the point.
Fair warning- this is a $30 cab ride one way from the strip (+tip). And it was worth every penny.

No comments: