Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Inlaws are coming! Yay.

And you know what that means........yep, I'm actually cooking again! Since I've been such a negligent blogger, I thought I would make it up to the TWO of you who read this, to give you my much coveted banana bread recipe that I have recently made for my inlaw's impending arrival. And yes, this is an original recipe.

I typically make this recipe for friends who are sick or who have had loved ones pass away. Now, I'm not saying I'm a culinary queen or anything, but "mystery" ailments have been cropping up alot lately........... ;)
You'll also note that I make this in an angel food pan as opposed to a loaf pan. Cooks quicker as well as more evenly.
B's Banana Bread

5 Tbsp butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1 tspn vanilla
1 1/2 c. mashed ripe bananas
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
1/4 tspn baking powder
1/2 c. sour cream
Optional: 1/3 c. chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

* Beat butter in a large bowl @ medium speed until light and fluffy.
* Add both sugars and beat well into butter.
* Add eggs & vanilla, beat until blended. Add banana and beat on high for 30 seconds.
* Combine flour, baking soda, salt & baking powder in a medium sized bowl.
* Add 1/2 of flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with the sour cream, ending with the flour mixture.
* Fold in nuts at this time if using
* Pour into non-stick (or non-stick sprayed) angel food pan

Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

I like the idea of making bread in a cake pan!