Thursday, July 29, 2010

Salmon w/Tomato & Lemon Vinaigrette

I don't think it's any secret that I absolutely love to eat and cook fish! Just don't make me clean them! I think fish is even more desirable to me now since it's the closest I can get to shellfish (developed an allergy- boo!)

So, I'm always up for a new recipe to add to my fish repetoire. And I can not get enough of this salmon recipe courtesy of Emeril. Light, zingy and addictive, it's enough to convert even the most hard core salmon haters. It also made me fall in love with the possibilities of marjoram. I now use this fresh herb in most of my sauces. I think it's almost replaced tarragon as my new fav.


Broiled Salmon with a Warm Roasted Tomato and Lemon Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2006
4 servings

Ingredients
2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
4 (6-ounce) portions salmon fillets
8 sprigs fresh marjoram


Directions
Preheat the oven to broil with the rack 6 to 8 inches below the lighted broiler plate.

Place the tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, marjoram, lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and the lemon juice in a 10-inch saute pan, saute quickly, and set in the oven on the rack. Cook until the tomatoes are well caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Add the basil to the vinaigrette and toss to blend. Set aside until ready to use.

To cook the salmon, lay the fillets in a 12-inch saute pan and season with the remaining salt and remaining black pepper. Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the salmon, arrange marjoram sprigs over top, and broil in the oven until the salmon is browned and cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the tomato and lemon vinaigrette after plating.

4 comments:

cris said...

look so simple to do.... hehehe

bellalately said...

It really is Cris, and I don't know about you, but for me, that totally adds to it's appeal in addition to it being really healthy and tasty :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, My husband is in Alaska & bringing home some salmon. Wasn't so sure what to do with it, since I'm not a cook. But I think this sound great.

security equipment said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.