Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tapas Nite

This summer has blown by and all of my friends and I have been scattered to the wind. So, I had to come up with a good excuse to corral us all together and that resulted in 'Tapas Nite.' Inspired by a Tapas cookbook two of them had given me as a gift, I might add.

I highly recommend a Tapas party if you like to theme it up. Just beware the salt lick of ham that crops up when you want to get your pinchos on. Take your Diurex early and often!

If you're looking for menu ideas, we had:
  • Pork tenderloin, caramelized onions and brie crostini
  • Ham, brie, walnuts and balsamic crostini

  • Marcona almonds roasted w/rosemary and sea salt

  • Beef empanadillas

  • Goat cheese and serrano ham empanadillas

  • Mascarpone, goat and chive stuffed dates wrapped in serrano ham

  • Swordfish ceviche

  • Shrimp salad

  • Potatoes roasted with rosemary, shallot, garlic and sea salt

  • Sausage and manchego toasts

  • Sangria

  • Cava for dessert



I made the potatoes (amongst a few other things) and they seemed to be a hit! So here's the recipe for you--

Potatoes Roasted with Shallot, Garlic and Rosemary

2 lbs smallish older potatoes, quartered
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
5 oz shallot- larger ones cut in half or quarters so they cook evenly
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 c. good spanish olive oil
sea salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Bring water to boil, add potatoes and a fistful of salt. Once water is boiling again after adding potatoes, set the timer for 5 minutes. Strain. Toss in bowl with olive oil, rosemary and salt. Roast for 35 minutes. Add shallots and garlic, roast for approx 20 minutes more.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I love a tapas party! And I love love love that Martin Codax Ergo Tempranillo. I served it as part of a Mediterranean inspired dinner with wine pairings, and it was a hit :)