Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chicago - Pizza Pot Pie


So, we're in Chicago, visiting family for Thanksgiving. We decided to take the weekend prior to make a mini-vacation for ourselves. And what an action packed vacation it's been!


We've been in the city less than 48 hours and have hit Millenium Park, seen the Thanksgiving parade, eaten dinner at Prosecco (Chicago's Diner's Choice 2009) w/dear old friends, taken the architectural boat tour, run through my old haunts and eaten some Pizza Pot Pie at Chicago Oven Grinder's.


I'm here to tell you that you haven't lived until you've had a triple P-- warm and buttery, the mozzerella just melts in your mouth. The spicy, saucy meat sauce explodes with flavor and is balanced out by the crispy, chewy crust. I can't believe in all the years I lived here, I had never had one of these. Not sure it's a good thing that I've had one now, b/c I will certainly have mad cravings that will not be easily sated.


1 comment:

pjpink said...

We really had a good time when we went to Chicago last year. Your pie place looks like it was near Riccardo Trattoria (on Clark). We had a memorable meal with many patrons speaking Italian.