Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques is one of my favorite places in Richmond, VA. After moving here from a larger city, where in my neighborhood alone there were 5 mom & pop bakeries, the discovery of J-J made me happy indeed!

I'm typically not a baker, thus I need a good "go to" for desserts or brunch sweets. So J-J is my pinch-hitter for all things sugar-laced that I might serve my guests. The cannoli's are seriously to die for. Crispy, melt-in-your-mouth homemade cannoli shells stuffed w/chocolate chip cannoli cream and chocolate dipped on each end.

Thus, I convinced a friend who was in town this last weekend to pop into J-J with me for a cannoli (also HER fav!) And she concurs w/my opinion that their cannoli's are the best she's ever had. I stepped out of my usual and had the cream horn, which like everything else, melts in your mouth and leaves you wanting more. :)

If you haven't checked it out, I highly encourage you to do so!

Jean Jacques Bakery
3138 West Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23221
Tel : (804) 355-0666
Fax: (804) 354-6935

1 comment:

That Girl said...

I don't think I've had a cannoli in years!