Friday, January 9, 2009

Whipped Cauliflower

Ahhhhhhhh New Year's resolutions! That's what brings me to this post today. After the holiday noshing on fondues and all things lovely and fattening, I am craving vegetation. And I'm laying starches to the side at the moment. Enter, Cauliflower.

Even if you detest Cauliflower, I'm going to challenge you to try this recipe and tell me you didn't like it. Very yummy! Not potatoes by any stretch, but certainly a worthy accompaniment to any protein. In my case, my pepper encrusted pork tenderloin with a soy ginger sauce, which I will post about next!

This makes either 2 generous portions or 4 modest ones.


Bella's Whipped Cauliflower
1 head cauliflower
2 Tbsp half and half
1 Tbsp butter
1 can chicken broth
Salt
Fresh ground pepper(or white pepper)
Special equipment: Food processor or blender

Cut head of cauliflower into florets. Trimming stems closely. Place in pot and pour in chicken broth. Boil until tender (approx 10 minutes). Strain. Place in food processor with all other ingredients. Pulse approx. 5 times or until the texture pleases your palate. Season to taste.


Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

4 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This is great and even healthier than potatoes!!

That Girl said...

One day I'll accept your challenge. But not today ;-)

Sweet Cheeks said...

Oh thanks! I had this in a resturant in Staunton once and it was great, I didn't quite get it right when I made it at home, but I roasted my cauli...I am now going to have to try this.

bellalately said...

Hey MG! Hope you like it-it's one of our fav's. The trick is being cautious with how much moisture you add. Too much, and it's soup! :) So, my word of advice, is go slow adding half and half or any reserved broth.